Pages

Translation

Saturday, July 26, 2014

spaghetti in home made tomato sauce and red wine

Hi all,

I revised my recipe thanks to some experts advice and bingo, I got the right tangy tomato taste. Cooking is all about try and error and I m happy with my revised version.

I have been craving to cook Italian cuisines lately! As you I am a sucker for spaghetti (pasta), cheese and tomato sauce.

I did not want to use the instant tomato sauce (eg: Prego sauce for pasta) as I believe food should be as natural as possible.

Ingredients: [ For single person]

1/2 packet spaghetti
4 large tomatoes [ I was left with only 4. But pls use 7-8 tomatoes to get the tomato tangy taste]
1 onion diced
2 garlic cloves chopped
1.5 tsp Parsley herbs
1.5 tsp Oregano herbs
1.5tsp Basil dried leaves - I did not have fresh leaves. If you have do add the fresh chopped Basil leaves
1 tsp dried Basil leaves
1 red capsicum diced small
Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red wine
Salt

Method:

1. In a pot of boiling water, add 3tso salt and add the spaghetti. Let it cook for 7 mins. To check with the spaghetti is cooked, take a strand and see at the end of the strand. If you get to see a white dot in the middle of the end strange, that indicates cooked spaghetti.
2. After the spaghetti has cooked, drain the water and keep it aside in a strainer.
3. Meanwhile, place the tomatoes in hot water and remove the after 7 minutes. Peel their skin and ste aside.
4. In a skillet, add oil and saute the onions well until they are translucent.
5. Add the garlic taking care not to burn them.
6. Add the 1.5 tsp Oregano herbs, 1.5 tsp Parsley herbs and 1.5 tsp Basil dried herbs 9 replace with fresh Basil leaves if u have), 1 tsp salt and saute well in the olive oil.
7. Add the tomatoes, red capsicum and the red wine and saute well. Add another 1 tsp basil dried leaves. Let the whole mixture be cooked for abt 15 min by cooking in a closed lid.
8.  Turn off the stove and add the spaghetti to the cooked sauce, a dash of olive oil and fold in some parmesan cheese.
9.  Serve hot with some parmesan cheese as garnish.
 










No comments:

Post a Comment