Pages

Translation

Friday, August 8, 2014

Spaghetti aglio e olio (spaghetti in garlic and olive oil)

This is my 70th recipe post! I can t believe I have came this far! That explains my love for cooking! I will be moving into my new house soon and I can t wait to start baking cakes, and Italian dishes (esp lasagne)

Ingredients:

6 cloves of garlic sliced vertically thin
A pinch of red pepper flakes
Black pepper
1 tsp Oregano herbs
1 tsp Parsley herbs
Salt
Spaghetti
Olive oil
Parmesan cheese

Method:

1. In a pot, add water and salt and bring the whole mixture to a boil Add spaghetti and cook for abt 7 minutes. Drain the spaghetti and set aside.
2. In a pan, add some olive oil at low heat and add the garlic slices and saute them well until they start to brown a little
3. Add red pepper flakes, and black pepper and saute well for abt 30 sec.
4. Turn off the stove, and add the drained spaghetti, parmesan cheese, herbs and abit of salt and mix them well using the heat of the garlic olive oil.
5. Garnish them with additional parmesan cheese.

Note : When I was in Italy, I discovered that the spaghetti is half cooked. That's the tradition by the Italians. You may wish to try that.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment